Lounge Lizard is looking for the best and brightest for an opening as a Web Designer in New York for our local digital products team to help take our designs to the next level. Designers will work with a product team to conceptualize, design and maintain product interfaces with an eye for a high level user experience and incorporating visual storytelling into designs.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of what makes a successful website and can then communicate and execute their thoughts and ideas to both the team and client. As a web designer in the New York office, you will be part of a collaborative team of skilled, passionate people who strive to impress clients by translating ideas into amazing reality.
Experience / Qualifications:
• A degree in arts, graphic design, communication design, or a related field
• 2+ years’ experience designing information, e-commerce, and social networking sites
• Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
• A solid understanding of core Computer Science fundamentals, including object oriented design and development
• Strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability
• Experience with content management systems
• Ability to create wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces and comp designs
• Excellent understanding of layout and templates for maximum usability and focus on user experience
• Strong communication skills and ability to provide clear documentation
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide creative solutions
• Work closely with a front-end team to deliver the user experience
• Give advice on projects and make recommendation for improving web sites
• Write efficient and maintainable code
• Address changing and evolving process flows, user requirements, performance and scalability
• Closely follow trends and developments in technology and integrate them into our environment and practices
At Lounge Lizard, you are part of a team that thrives in a fun, fast paced environment. We have been in the business over decade and are an award-winning digital firm that is always looking to push the envelope in our creativity and with technology and need a web designer in New York for our local office to help a strong team become even stronger.